The Luminox Scott Cassell Deep Dive Automatic:
Essential Gear For Serious Divers
Luminox introduces the latest Scott Cassell Deep Dive Automatic series in support of Scott Cassell’s not-for-profit Sea Wolves Unlimited and UVP (Undersea Voyager Project). Created in collaboration with Cassell, a portion of proceeds from the sales of the timepieces support these organizations and help them continue their important work.
The Deep Dive Automatic has all the features that rECOn divers consider essential, including a sturdy 316L steel case, a professional-grade ratcheting unidirectional dive bezel, patented bezel locking device that doubles as a crown protector, 500-meter water resistance, and a clear, high-contrast dial with the very best of two luminous technologies – the Luminox Light Technology with the addition of Super-LumiNova on the indices, for maximum visibility.
"I operate in a dangerous environment.” says Scott Cassell. ”After a Poacher Hunting rECOn Mission, I often find myself alone at night a mile or more offshore in the black water waiting for my pick up boat. In these situations, timing is critical to my survival and I only trust Luminox.”
The Luminox Deep Dive series are 500 meter/ 1500 feet water resistant watches - serious, certified watches for professionals, complying with the strict and extremely high standards of ISO 6425 for Diving watches.
- Water resistant to 500 meters /50 bar (far exceeding the minimum of 100 meters requested by ISO 6425). The tests, which only very few watch brands have passed, is conducted at a specialized Swiss laboratory
- Unique, patented Bezel Locking System (BLS), that also serves to protect the crown
- Swiss Made (per the 2017 Swiss Law) including a Swiss Automatic movement with big date window
- Automatic Helium Release Valve
- Unmatched constant visibility underwater with Luminox Light Technology (called LLT), constant glow for up to 25 years
- Specially designed case with custom gaskets, screw-on crown and case back
- Specially designed, thicker sapphire crystal and thicker case back
- Highly visible, broader Minute Hand in contrast color, with double LLT tubes
- Removable rubber (NBR 70) strap with a special backing to reduce sweat, a loop stopper and stainless steel buckle, with a wet suit extension strap
The watches come in a classic black (model 1521) or blue sunray (model 1523) dial encased in brushed stainless steel or black PVD-plated stainless steel. The matching steel bezels with aluminum inserts have silver Arabic numbers and indices. The case back depicts Scott Cassell’s ‘Great White’ submarine. Each watch is individually numbered and comes in a specially-designed, water resistant gift box which can be used to store the diver’s mobile phone, camera or other personal gear. This watch features a unique patented bezel locking system, and is sold with a strap extender and waterproof diving gear giftbox.
|Size of case diameter||44.00 mm|
|Case material||Stainless Steel black plated|
|Case Bezel||Uni-directional rotating|
|Case Back||Screw in|
|Water resistance (m/ft/atm)||500 / 1650 / 50|
|Crystal/Glass material||Sapphire crystal anti-reflective coating|
|Strap/Bracelet material||Genuine Rubber|
|Case Height||17 mm|
|LLT on Dial 12H||Orange|
|LLT on Dial 1-11H||Ice Blue|
|LLT on Hour hand||Ice Blue|
|LLT on Minute hand||Orange|
|LLT on Second hand||Ice Blue|
|Illumination||Night Vision Tubes (25 years)|